December 27, 2019
The City of Nanaimo
Mayor and Councillors,
Don’t you realize that:
· No President/CEO of companies such as Rogers, Telus, Shaw, BC Hydro, Fortis BC dares to sign a legal document stating unequivocally that the non-thermal electro-magnetic field (EMF) radiation emitted by their cell towers, cell phones and/or 60 Hz domestic electricity is SAFE to be used by, on and/or around the public 24/7/365 days a year in perpetuity?
· Not a single CEO says that power line frequency (60 Hz) EMFs or wireless RF EMFs are SAFE; but they all say that they are in compliance with Health Canada’s globally-vilified Safety Code 6 – which they are. Mayor and council should note that Safety Code 6 does not even mention powerline EMFs, implying that they are perfectly safe – when they are anything but?
· Lloyds of London, Swiss Re, two of the largest insurance companies in the world, REFUSE to insure any company against harmful health effects and/or pre-mature deaths that are alleged to have been caused by any product that emit EMFs? Likewise, these giant companies encourage other insurance companies to write similar exclusionary clauses in their policies?
· Not a single wireless radio frequency (RF) product – including cell phone towers, baby monitors, smart meters, cordless phones, Wi-Fi routers, etc. – has been made to first undergo independent testing for safety by qualified EMF experts having no ties to industry – before it was allowed to be used on, by and/or around the public?
· All of the above emit hazardous non-thermal EMFs; yet Health Canada (like the USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand) refuses to acknowledge that there is such a thing?
· The BioInitiative 2012 Report (updated in 2017) declared ‘safe’ Exposure Limits for devices that emit RF EMF (which includes cell phone towers) need to be lowered some 3-6 MILLION times?
· The same BioInitiative 2012 Report classified power line frequency (60 Hz) EMFs a Class ! (Human) Carcinogen?
· Sweden’s Dr. Lennart Hardell, MD, PhD, the world’s foremost authority on cell phones and the radiation they emit (having studied them for about 40 years), said categorically that RF EMFs (the kind emitted by cell phone towers) should be classified a Class 1 (Human) Carcinogen?
Non-industry scientists and major militaries of the world have known for decades that EMFs CAUSE (albeit not solely) autism, ADHD, leukemia, brain tumors, brain cancer, thyroid cancer, breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, testicular and other cancers, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, ALS (lou Gehrig’s Disease), SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), miscarriages, stillbirths, suicides, depression, asthma, cardiac problems, learning difficulties, memory problems, etc.!
When people’s lives are at stake, as elected officials, you have a special need to do your own due diligence to find the real truth! If you go ahead with your decision to allow Rogers Communication to proceed with its proposed cell phone tower on McGarrigle Road, history will record that you have consciously ignored serious warnings from honest, informed people.
J.G. Flynn, Captain (Retired)
Bowser, B.C., V0R 1G0
From: LAVONE GARNET [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: December 26, 2019 2:32 PM
To: firstname.lastname@example.org; Nanaimo Bulletin <email@example.com>
Subject: McGarrigle Road Rogers cell tower proposal
I am aghast to read in the Bulletin that Nanaimo City Council is considering to allow Rogers Communications to establish a cell tower on McGarrigle Road, a short distance from Beban Park, where children play in the playground, where outdoor activities are scheduled, where the Island Roots Farmers Market is held. Beban Park is a place where people should be able to re-invigorate themselves, not have their bodies weakened by more electromagnetic radiation. Children should not be exposed to more emr, they are already enveloped by it in wi-fi schools and other environments. Surely, a cell tower next to the park should not be casting emr all over it. You will render this area to be another place where those of us who are electrosensitive and those who may become electrosensitive cannot go.
It is ironic that cell towers are touted to be needed to get people to a hospital faster, when it is in the vicinity anyway, and as so many health problems are exacerbated by electromagnetic radiation, including wi-fi in the hospitals.
I daresay that no one has protested the cell tower, because either they don’t know about it, or they do not understand the consequences. Please educate yourselves before you let this go any further.